Typical Network configuration:
The following components are required for a typical configuration of a LUMIN system:
- LUMIN Audiophile Network Media Player.
- iPad running LUMIN iPad App.
- Home Network including Wi-Fi connection.
- LUMIN L1 Music Server or NAS (Network Attached Storage) including a UPnP server (QNAP or Synology are recommended).
- Computer (optional) used for ripping CDs, downloading music and configuring the NAS.
- Amplifier and Loudspeakers.
- Connect LUMIN and the NAS to your network using Ethernet cables.
- Make sure your iPad is connected wirelessly to the same network.
- Connect LUMIN to your Amplifier using your preferred Audio Connectors.
- Connect the LUMIN Power Supply to LUMIN and your Power Outlet.
- Turn on all devices.
- Make sure there are some music files in the correct folder on your NAS (often called ‘Music’).
- Start the LUMIN iPad App and it will automatically detect your UPnP Media Server and your LUMIN Audiophile Network Music Player. If you have multiple LUMIN units or multiple Media Servers, you can choose these from the App ‘Settings’ menu.
- Your music selection will now display in the main LUMIN App browse window where you can now select music to play and create playlists. See 'The App' page for further information and instruction.