Multiple LUMIN streamers can now play the same tune using the LUMIN App. Supporting Spotify Connect, TIDAL, MQA, Qobuz, Tune-In Radio and AirPlay as well as local network servers, LUMIN Multi-Room provides house-wide playback compatible with the Songcast protocol.
- 'Senders' can be LUMIN X1 / T2 / D2 / U1 / U1 MINI / M1
- 'Senders' can also be compatible Songcast devices (e.g. Linn)
- 'Receivers' can be any LUMIN player and compatible Songcast devices (e.g. Linn)
- Music source can be from local server, Spotify Connect (via Spotify app), TIDAL, Qobuz, Tune-In Radio* and AirPlay
- *Internet Radio as source is experimental and may not currently work with all players
- DSD64 / DSD128 will be converted to PCM
- MQA will be decoded to MQA Core instead of being fully renderered
- 352.8kHz / 384kHz will be downsampled to 176.4kHz / 192kHz
- Gapless will be disabled
- Roon Ready will be disabled. (Roon users can use multi-room within Roon instead)
- DSD256 / DSD512 will be skipped
- 705.6kHz / 768kHz will be skipped
Transcoding for Linn players
- As all/some models of Linn players don't support MQA or DSD, LUMIN can be used to decode MQA to MQA Core, or transcode DSD to PCM on the fly and send to a Linn player using the Multi-Room feature. Note that the LUMIN 'Sender' doesn't have to be outputting sound for this to work, so can be used in a primary system.
- On the LUMIN unit, enable Multi-Room using Lumin app
- Make sure MQA setting for LUMIN is set to Analog Output or Digital Output
- Use Linn Kinsky app (not Kazoo app) to select the Linn unit as 'Receiver', select the source as Songcast, then choose the LUMIN 'Sender' unit
- Use either LUMIN or Linn app to begin playback from the LUMIN player
Using Linn Songcast 'Sender'
- Use Linn Kazoo app to choose a Linn unit, then press + to add a LUMIN unit as a 'Receiver' in the group
- Use Linn Kazoo app to begin playback from the Linn player
- Sender does not appear in the app. Kill the app (double tap iPad home button, swipe away the Lumin app) and relaunch it.
- If a Receiver is listening but does not output sound, please turn Multi-Room feature Off then On for the Receiver, then select the sender again.
- If it still does not work, please turn the Multi-Room feature Off then On for the Sender as well, then restart the playback on the Sender again.
- Internet Radio not working with Multi-Room. This feature is currently experimental and may not work on certain models.
- Echo between the rooms, this is normal because it is only loosely synchronized.