- Up to DSD256, 1-bit, Stereo
- Up to 384kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
Analog Output Stage:
- ESS SABRE32 ES9028Pro DAC chip
- Balanced layout with high-quality components
- Completely redesigned analogue buffer includes audiograde output capacitor and ultra-low-noise and high dynamic range
- Discreet clock system for precision timing
Upsampling rates & bit depths:
- DSD256 upsampling option for all files
- PCM 384kHz upsampling option for all files
Digital Output Stage:
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1-bit
- Internal 100–240V AC auto-ranging
- Shielded power supply compartment for reduced interference with delicate electronics
- Black anodised aluminium
- Raw anodised aluminium
- 300mm (W), 244mm (D), 60mm (H), 2.5kg
Why LUMIN D3
LUMIN D3 brings the audiophile potential of music streaming within everyone's reach.
Building on the success of our most popular and longest-standing model, LUMIN D3 inherits the Sabre DAC technology used throughout the rest of our range and combines it with our new all-aluminium compact chassis.
The latest LUMIN processor technology provides DSD256 upsampling and TIDAL Connect bringing audiophile-grade performance within your reach.
- Latest processor provides greater resampling flexibility
- New analogue output stage features Sabre DAC and a buffer including LUMIN X1 technology
- New DAC configuration featuring Sabre DAC ES9028PRO
- Retains fully balanced design including XLR outputs
- New surface finish taken from the high-end P1
- Upsampling and downsampling to every supported format up to DSD256/PCM384
- TIDAL Connect and Airplay 2 Compatible as well as Roon Ready, Spotify Connect, MQA, TIDAL, Qobuz, Plex and TuneIn
All-new processing system
- Completely new hardware and software provide a new foundation for LUMIN
- Increased processing power and storage capacity provide greater resampling flexibility and future-proofing.
Precision analogue output stage
- ES9028PRO DAC with up to DSD256 & PCM384 playback support
- Analogue buffer includes LUMIN X1 technology
- Ultra-low-noise and high dynamic range
Full aluminium enclosure
- The thick CNC front panel and new all-aluminium enclousure provide superior damping performance
- Improves on D2 chassis by eliminating steel
Builds on the massive success of LUMIN D1 & D2
Completely new processing hardware and software deliver improved features and increased resampling flexibility while retaining all the musicality that was noted in so many outstanding D1 & D2 reviews.
The new model is also finished in a new silky surfacing process taken from our high-end P1 that is less susceptible to finger marks and easier to clean.
All the usual LUMIN refinements
- From MQA to DSD, FLAC to WAV, LUMIN can play all the high-resolution formats you could ever want
- Native support for TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify and AirPlay 2 compatible, giving you access to tens of millions of songs
- The unique and intuitive LUMIN App described as "the most convenient interface in existence" by TINMAN
- LUMIN programme of continuous development that has seen Roon, MQA, and Spotify support added in 2017 alone.
Advanced streaming services & technologies
Every LUMIN player comes with support for a wide range of popular streaming services including Roon, TIDAL, TIDAL Connect, Qobuz, Spotify, FLAC Radio Stations and more...
Some services may require a subscription payment.
Lossless volume control for all LUMIN players.
An innovative new digital volume adjustment algorithm that eliminates rounding errors is now included (at no additional cost) on all LUMIN players!
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension (OpenHome)
- Roon Ready
- TIDAL Connect
- Spotify Connect
- AirPlay 2 compatible
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
- Native support for TIDAL, MQA, Qobuz and TuneIn Radio.
- Tidal MQA icons to identify high-res music
- Qobuz high-res icons to identify high-res music
- Volume control
- High-resolution artwork
- Artwork caching
- Multiple tag handling
- Composer tag support
- Album-grouping in playlist
- Automatic internet links to artists/album/songs
- Saving and restoring of playlists (including Tidal and Qobuz)
Supported Audio File Formats:
- DSD Lossless: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- PCM Lossless: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
- Compressed (lossy) Audio: MP3
- Ethernet RJ45 network 1000Base-T
- USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, exFAT and NTFS only)
Analogue Audio Outputs:
- XLR balanced, 6Vrms, pin 2 Hot
- RCA unbalanced, 3Vrms
Supported Control Devices:
- Apple devices. iOS 11.0 or later (List of supported devices)
- Android devices. Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later required
- Apple Silicon. macOS 11 or later. (Download the iOS App from the iOS App Store)
- Chromebook. Google Play Store required.
- Leedh Processing lossless digital volume control
- Programme of Continuous Development – Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements